Saturday, March 29, 2008
Happy Birthday, Paul!
Paul is my brother-in-law, my sister's husband. They married in 1991 and they have three beautiful/handsome, smart and really fun children. Like their parents, of course. In this picture, Paul is holding Abigail at his daughter, Madison's, basketball game. Bill was working on that Saturday; it had been a long week and I was tired. By holding Abigail, Paul gave me a much-needed break.
Paul is a great uncle to our kids. A great husband. A great father. Son, brother, son-in-law and brother-in-law. He loves God, he loves his wife, he loves his kids, he loves his family. I admire his loyalty, his sense of humor, his work ethic, his quick wit, his steadfastness.
God has already used Paul in more ways than I could pretend to list here. One way, I can attest to personally - he's shown me grace for over 17 years and I get tears just thinking about it. So, thank you, Paul. As Bill said tonight at dinner, a birthday isn't about how old you are, it's about celebrating your birth. I celebrate yours.
Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Marcie,
Very cool blog deal. Thank you so much for the very kind and encouraging words. I love my gift and look forward to wearing my shirt. The golf balls are too special to use (and I would hate to send one into the desert or into a lake). I might put one on my desk or something to help me smile throughout the day. I had a great time last night at dinner with everyone. I enjoyed doing a little shoe shopping too.
I love Abigail and Hannah and someday they will consistently realize my coolness and run to me with open arms. Maybe, maybe not.
I appreciate your grace as well. I love you and Bill and the girls and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
Today I plan to spend some time with my mother to celebrate my birthday. It seems especially appropriate and important.
Thanks again for a great celebration last night. I really had a nice time.
Paul
Post a Comment