Saturday, April 19, 2008
BFF (Best Friends Forever)
Michelle and Lisa (from left to right) at Austin's this morning. We've been meeting for breakfast every Second Saturday since December - until this month and we had to move it to Third Saturday. Not alliterative but we don't care as long as we get to hang out. Michelle & Lisa met in the first grade (1973?) and then I met them in high school in the 80's. We've been friends ever since. In fact, Michelle and Lisa were roommates in college and then Lisa and I were roommates post-college. We've been in each other's weddings, we've held each other's babies...so much history. But all three of us hadn't lived in the same town at the same time for years and years until last year when I moved back with my family and Michelle moved back with hers.
We were and have been so happy to have each other in close proximity again! Even so, we weren't getting together as much as we'd hoped because of how life fills up and carries us away if we let it. So, at Christmas, we had breakfast at Millie's and decided then and there to meet every Second Saturday. We've been trying different places but we may stick with Austin's...they were great with our lingering (on and on) and it was great food for not a lot of money. Perfect.
The breakfasts are such a time marker because we can't believe an entire month has gone by before it's time to meet again. And the time at breakfast flies, too. Today, we stayed so long that we ordered ice cream after breakfast since, by the end, it was almost time for lunch.
When people ask me if I'm happy we moved back, I say "yes." There are so many reasons I'm glad and Lisa & Michelle are high on the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment