Thursday, April 3, 2008
A big day...
We started the day meeting other moms and kids in our Meetup Moms group (love that group!) at one of the Drexel Heights fire stations for a tour. The firefighters were so friendly, so welcoming and fun to hang out with for about an hour. Abigail was the first child to try to climb in the ambulance and then the truck. She was followed by Hannah and then other kids followed suit. Abigail also went right into the storage closet (she was invited by our tour fireguy) and immediately found the box of stuffed animals. He asked her if she wanted one (silly question!)...she was followed by Hannah and then the other kids. So like Abigail to barge right on through...like a lot of 18-month-olds, I imagine. Although she does have this boldness.
We went to McDonald's for lunch with one of the moms and her daughter, Michelle & Isabelle. I was able to talk about the school in our neighborhood because Michelle used to teach there. It was nice to get better acquainted with Michelle.
After naps, we went to Madison's track meet. The girls had a blast running around, swinging on the railings, playing in sand behind the stadium and hanging out with my sister and her family and Grandpa & Grandma. Madison ran the mile, 400 meters and jumped the long jump and high jump. We're proud of her! And look forward to a season of cheering her on.
Bill met up with us for dinner at Boston Market and then graciously drove the girls home for their baths while my parents & I met at Cold Stone Creamery. While there, we ran into a couple who are former co-workers and veterans in our school district. I quizzed the wife on the various elementary schools. Her husband is a principal of one of the elementary schools and was advocating for that school. Her best advice re: finding the right school for Hannah (and then Abigail) - "Pray!" (And, yes, I brought ice cream home for Bill and the girls...I just needed uninterrupted time to talk and hang out and actually taste my dessert.)
After I got home, Bill went on to meet up with the guys as he does on Wednesday nights. They hang out, talk and give each other a hard time. Sometimes, it even gets deep and real issues get discussed. Mostly though, it's about supporting each other and being part of a community.
Whew.
Today, we've been home resting. Oh, and, I rearranged the play room and did a lot of laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment